Has your lawn turned brown? Would you like to save water and money while creating a beautiful native garden that supports birds, pollinators, and other wildlife? Then apply to Conejo Valley Audubon Society’s Lawn to Habitat program, and we will help you turn your sad plot into a thriving native plant habitat resplendent with wildlife!
Each summer CVAS accepts applications for grants to help people make this transformation. Successful applicants will receive:
- $250 worth of native plants (40-50 plants, depending on size)
- Design advice from local gardening experts
Let us help you achieve your dream landscape!
- Must have some lawn, non-native plants, or unlandscaped area available for replacement.
- Must be the owner of the property or have the owner’s written permission.
- Must be located in Agoura, Oak Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park or Camarillo.
- Owner certifies that they have no outdoor cats with access to the property, and sign the CVAS liability waiver.
- Must be ready to plant in September-November.
We will select winners from those who completed the entire form. The winners must allow CVAS to post project before and after photos on its website and/or in publications and videos describing the process. All applications for the Lawns to Habitat Program must be received by May 31st, 2023. Complete the form below. Call Erik Oberg at 202-906-9932 with questions.
These companies donate assistance or offer discounts that support the Lawns to Habitat Grant Program.
- Acorn Design Studios, LLC, Erik Oberg, Thousand Oaks, CA, www.acorndesignstudios.com
- Laura Bauer Designs, Laura Bauer, Camarillo, CA, www.bauerfinegardening.com
- El Nativo Nursery, Azuza, CA, elnativogrowers.com (wholesale only)
- Darsaya Designs, Jennifer Lowe, Northridge, CA www.Darsayastudio.com
- Growing Works Native Plant Nursery, Jennifer Rodriguez, Camarillo CA, turningpointfoundation.org
- Matilija Nursery, Bob Sussman, Moorpark, CA, www.Matilijanursery.com