Has your lawn turned brown due to the drought? Do you have an empty lot where your front yard should be? Then apply to Conejo Valley Audubon Society’s Lawn to Habitat program, and we will help you turn your sad plot into a thriving native plant habitat resplendent with wildlife!
Each fall CVAS accepts applications for grants to help people make this transformation. Successful applicants will receive:
- $200 worth of native plants
- Design advice from local gardening experts
Let us help you achieve your dream landscape!
- Must have some lawn, non-native plants, or unlandscaped area available for replacement
- Must be the owner of the property or have the owner’s written permission
- Must be located in Agoura, Oak Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park or Camarillo.
- Owner certifies that they have no outdoor cats with access to the property.
- Must be ready to plant in November, or December