Has your lawn turned brown? Would you like to save water and money while creating a beautiful native garden that supports birds, pollinators, and other wildlife? Then apply to Conejo Valley Audubon Society’s Lawn to Habitat program, and we will help you turn your sad plot into a thriving native plant habitat resplendent with wildlife!
Each summer CVAS accepts applications for grants to help people make this transformation. Successful applicants will receive:
- $200 worth of native plants (40-50 plants, depending on size)
- Design advice from local gardening experts
Let us help you achieve your dream landscape!
- Must have some lawn, non-native plants, or unlandscaped area available for replacement
- Must be the owner of the property or have the owner’s written permission
- Must be located in Agoura, Oak Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park or Camarillo
- Owner certifies that they have no outdoor cats with access to the property.
- Must be ready to plant in November or December
We will select winners randomly from those who completed the entire form. The winners must allow CVAS to post their name, along with before and after photos of the makeover, on its website and in publications and videos describing the makeover. The winner must also sign the CVAS waiver of liability. All applications for the Lawns to Habitat Program must be received by October 15th, 2021. We will help everyone who contacts us to change over their yard by providing them with information guides on selection of plants, plans, and planting tips. Complete the form below, or call Dee Lyon at 805-427-0987 for more information.