NOTE: The Lawns to Habitat application period for 2020 is closed at this time. Thank you to everyone who submitted applications.
Has your lawn turned brown due to the drought? Do you have an empty lot where your front yard should be? Then apply to Conejo Valley Audubon Society’s Lawn to Habitat program, and we will help you turn your sad plot into a thriving native plant habitat resplendent with wildlife!
25 selected applicants will receive:
- $200 worth of native plants
- Design advice from local native plant gardening enthusiasts
Let us help you achieve your dream landscape! Just tell us a little about yourself and why you want our help!
- Must have some lawn, non-native plants, or unlandscaped area available for replacement
- Must be the owner of the property or have the owner’s written permission
- Must be located in Agoura, Oak Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park or Camarillo
- Must be ready to plant in November or December
We will select winners randomly from those who completed the entire form. The winners must allow CVAS to post their name, along with before and after photos of the makeover, on its website and in publications and videos describing the makeover. The winner must also sign the CVAS waiver of liability. All applications for the Lawns to Habitat Program must be received by September 25th, 2020. We will help everyone who contacts us to change over their yard by providing them with information guides on selection of plants, plans, and planting tips. Complete the form below, or call Dee Lyon at 805-499-2165 for more information.